Real Estate contracts often contain contingency clauses that allow buyers to inspect the property physically (usually at their expense). This inspection provides a comprehensive review of the infrastructure of the property.
Which inspections to order is usually a matter of observation and knowledge of what is critical to a particular region or area. Below is a list of the three most common types of inspections.
Structural Pest Control
• To discover any active infestation by wood destroying organisms.
• Section I on the report deals with active infestation and includes items that need immediate attention, lenders usually want the
work performed prior to funding the loan.
• Section II on the report will be items that could cause infestation and, if not corrected, could cause damage.
• This inspection encompasses roof, plumbing, electrical, heating and any other accessible area of the structure.
• A detailed report will be written with recommendations for repair or for further inspection by a specialist.
• An inspection of the soil conditions and the stability of the ground beneath the structure can be performed by a Geological Engineer.
• You can select to go to the city records and research the property and its proximity to known fault lines.
Some Other Common Inspections
• Water Conservation
• Well and Septic
• Hazardous Materials
• Zoning and Building Permit
• Contractors Home Inspection
• Chimney Inspection
• Heating and Air Conditioning
• Structural Engineering
• Energy Audit
‘He has been there anytime I needed him and I know if I need him again he would be there too. Brad gave 100% from the first time he called me till the sale was done.’
‘We really felt like Brad was on our side throughout the transaction and knew how to navigate the process calmly and effectively’
-Curt and Kim C
‘If you are skeptical on a realtor look no further. You will get what you want and when you want it with Brad. His knowledge on this market is second to none. The most unusual thing about this transaction is his exceptional follow up thru out the entire process, and even after we’ve moved in and got settled. He is one of a kind in this market and this profession’
-Scott & Allison T.
‘Thanks to Brad Brinkman and his team we now have a beautiful new home and a great investment into our future.’
-Ryan & Amanda F.
‘He found my house for me when others could not, in a location that I thought would be impossible. His aggressiveness has given me the opportunity to live in a fantastic place.’
-Trace H., Pilot Hawaiian Airlines., U.S. Navy Pilot
‘You made it easy for us to make this move into our new home because you took on all the worries, handling our transaction with skill and expertise. Specifically we were impressed with your approach to business, treating each and every customer as you treated us; as though we were your most important clients’
‘He made each transaction very smooth and it was great peace of mind knowing I could count on him.’